“The best app for making fast, custom playlists!”
“Easily access your music wherever you go!”
“Beautiful, minimal, functional.”
Backspin is easy and fast to use – create a new playlist and just tap "+" in your music library to add songs from your device or Dropbox. You can start your playlist going and keep adding songs (like a jukebox); if you make a mistake, you can undo it. Use “+ all” to add entire albums, folders, or other playlists with a single tap. New playlists open in tabs; they can be maximized or minimized for easy viewing.
See your shuffle order in the “Now Playing” screen, and easily change the order or remove songs. Select “Play Next” on a track to add it directly to the “Now Playing” list.
Backspin is optimized for tablets and smartphones, and uses multiple adjustable columns on larger devices, allowing users to see two music-library columns and a playlist on-screen simultaneously. Download new music recently? Backspin automatically updates your library!
Enjoy a free trial of premium features, including:
- Equalizer with bass boost.
- Stream from Dropbox, and create playlists with songs from both the device and the cloud.
- Smart Shuffle. Songs won’t repeat until everything has been played (play any song on a list while shuffling, and the shuffle won't start over – or turn shuffle off and back on to reshuffle remaining songs).
- Pinch to zoom album covers.
- Undo button: Undo accidental plays (resumes last song); undo add/delete a song from a playlist.
- Export playlists in xspf format: When an xspf is imported, the app finds music files wherever they are on the device.
- Folders View (2 columns on tablets). Includes the ability to add all subfolders to a playlist, or shuffle all subfolders.
- Save Now Playing as a playlist (You can save the shuffle order!)
- Find album art.
- Tag editor.
- Jump to song. Opens the library view and scrolls to the current track.
- Consolidate Albums with only one track, or hide albums with only one track, to unclutter large libraries of music.
- (And more in Settings, listed below).
Additional free features:
- Widget, lockscreen controls, and notification controls.
- Gapless playback.
- Search in Artists, Albums, Songs, Genres, and Composers views.
- On-screen volume control.
- Sort by Title, Artist, or Album in Songs View; and by Artist or Album in Albums View.
- Keep screen bright (off/on)
- Player controls disappear when scrolling down (off/on)
- Double-tap to play (option to prevent accidental plays in public settings) (off/on)
- Remove song duplicates from music library (off/on)
- Smart Shuffle (off/on)
- Consolidate artists with only one track. Tracks appear in a single list at the top of the artists list, under “Individual Artists” (off/on)
- Hide albums with only one track (off/on)
- Rescan library